Criminal Background Check Procedures
- Individuals purchasing a license for the first time must create a user account on USA Cycling’s website before initiating your criminal background check ("CBC").
- Individuals renewing their CBC must sign in to their USA Cycling account before initiating their CBC.
To begin your CBC:
- Sign into your legacy USAC account.
- Click on "Account"
- There you will find a ‘Background Check’ toolbox below your personal information
- You will either see an expiration date (still valid) or a "Click Here link" that allows you to update your CBC. Use this automatic link to renew or update your CBC or email email@example.com to obtain your unique link for your membership account. (Never share the generated link as its reuse by someone else will overwrite your member CBC results.)
Once on the NCSI site, follow the instructions and provide payment (Visa/MasterCard).
Most criminal background checks are completed in 3-5 business days, however it can take up to ten (10) business days before clearing when all information is correctly provided. Any incorrect/incomplete information will delay the determination time.
If you have any questions or problems submitting your information, please call the National Center for Safety Initiatives at (866) 833-7100 x109.
Note: The National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI) shall be the only authorized search organization which performs background checks for USA Cycling. USA Cycling does not accept a CBC from any other organization.
If you completed a CBC through NCSI for USA Triathlon within the last 24 months, you must tell NCSI to release the information using the follow procedure:
- Create or log in to your USA Cycling account.
- Use either of the methods listed above to connect to NCSI’s website.
- When asked "is this your first time using NCSI?" Click "no"
- You will then identify yourself one of two ways (last name, DOB and SSN or applicant ID and DOB).
- Sign off on the consent forms which will allow NCSI to share your USA Triathlon screen with USA Cycling.
- Email USA Cycling at firstname.lastname@example.org that the results have been released (NCSI does not notify USA Cycling that the results have been shared).
This Article Updated November 19, 2018 @ 11:00 PM For more information contact: